4.18.2007

Meeting New People... Maybe?

I was spending some time with the family around my sister's birthday. We had all gotten together for lunch. After lunch, we ended up back at my sister's place. Her dude roommate was home. Begin awkwardness.

Sister: You know my parents. And this is my sister.
Dude roommate (to me): Haven't we met before?
Me: I doubt it.
Dude roommate: No, I think we have.
Me: I highly doubt it.

This continued in a similar vein until everyone was sufficiently awkward. I don't know why I was so insistent that we'd never met. I don't know why I couldn't concede. I had too much evidence that he and I had never met (I spent the last 4.5 years in a different state or out of the country, he only recently moved in with my sister). I couldn't let it pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home